Comparison of Music

The first song I chose was I’ll be missing you by P.diddy and Faith Evans. It came out around 1997. This song makes me feel sad because this song was written since it was a tribute to Notorious B.I.G cause of his death. This song talks about remembering what he was and who he was. Also this tells us the importance of his life that he had on others. The message that this song is trying to convey is that it is hard to let someone go but in the end we will never forget you. Everything that I do day, it is like if you were there watching and never left at all. This artist is trying to explain that every step I take, move I make, every single day, and every time I pray I’ll be missing you. It speaks about remembrance. In the video P.diddy was alone in the video it is like he wanted everyone to take a moment to them and just think, reminisce. It also looks like there lost without him but, also glad that he was here to share his life with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_VChAft3g


“I’ll be missing you” sampled the melody of “Every Breath You Take” by The Police written by Sting. It came out in 1983. This song is said that it was made because of the collapsed of Sting’s marriage. It is the lyrics of a sinister, controlling a character, who‘s watching your every move, “Every breath you take, every move you make, I’ll be watching you.” This song is about an obsessed person that is deeply in love with there love that they have to be watching you everything you do. It also has the message of lost because this person says that there nothing with out them. They feel that there not complete that your just that one missing puzzle piece to there love. This video is in black and white maybe because maybe he wanted to prove his point to make everything look like he was serious. It makes me feel a little creep out because he stresses that he will be watching you all the time and it makes me feel that someone is watching me right now out of no where. There not that much to the video it is like he trying to tell his recent divorce wife this is what he’s going to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFKkuzoawM&feature=fvst

0 comments:

Post a Comment